Overfinch has revealed the latest chapter in its history of groundbreaking conversions by unveiling the Supersport at the 2016 Salon Privé.
Strictly limited to 25 units globally to ensure exclusivity of what will be a future classic model, the Overfinch Supersport, based on the Range Rover SVR is focused on lightweight, increased power and improved dynamics.
True to its roots as the original Range Rover enhancement company, Overfinch has reworked the record-breaking SVR to create a remarkable, uncompromised vehicle.
Focus on performance.
- Reducing weight – especially rotational mass – pays dividends in agility, acceleration and braking performance.
- The Leggero 22”x10.5J alloy wheel fitted to the Overfinch Supersport is the lightest wheel the company has ever offered for any Range Rover model.
- The precision-milled forged monobloc wheel achieves significant weight savings (5.5kg) when compared with the factory SVR wheel.
- The Leggero wheel’s extra 0.5” width increases the size of the contact patch, to the benefit of grip.
- The all-carbon-fibre bonnet also delivers a reduction in weight compared with the standard component of 5.0kg (33%),
- The Overfinch titanium exhaust weighs just 14.81kg, a saving of almost 11kg (43%) over the standard item.
- This enhanced package includes a new intake system, developed using CFD (computational fluid dynamics) that increases efficiency by 30% overall.
- The Overfinch approach incorporates a secondary intake as well as a new airfilter housing for improved flow distribution.
- Manufactured using the latest F1 3D printing technology, the system introduces an all new intake duct with optimised flow and reduced pressure drop.
Overfinch has earned an unparalleled reputation for the quality of its conversions. The new Overfinch Supersport sets the bar high; carbon-fibre, in an immaculately-aligned herringbone weave, was chosen both for its lightweight and for its aesthetic qualities. Unique components include an aggressive ‘powerdome’ bonnet bulge, in exposed carbon-fibre. The same material also features on the enlarged air intakes, front splitter, wheel arch spats and rear valance. These performance-oriented body components were engineered in conjunction with Prodrive, whose carbon-fibre bodywork is an integral part of the McLaren P1.
The Overfinch Supersport is exceptional among Overfinch conversions in its absence of the traditional Overfinch bonnet lettering – another sign of the attention to detail in weight-saving and aero efficiency. At the rear, the tailgate badge plinth in exposed carbon-fibre features the Overfinch ‘blade’ emblem – the only exterior signifier of the car’s pedigree. Inside, the sporting Overfinch seat design offers customised stitching and hide colours, executed in flawless style using the finest Bridge of Weir leather.
The launch vehicle is finished in bespoke Ariana Grey with satin matte carbon fibre is priced at £198,990.00. Vehicle pricing starts from £179,990.00.
Overfinch Chairman, Kevin Sloane, said: “Overfinch has a proud history of performance enhancements to the Range Rover, dating back to the company’s origins in 1975. The Overfinch Supersport provided the opportunity for us to combine the exclusivity of an Overfinch bespoke conversion with the additional performance benefits of weight reduction and a specially-developed induction and exhaust system. The result is a unique, high-performance vehicle that adds a new chapter to the Overfinch story.”